Thursday, January 7, 2010

Because Some things Should Not be Forgotten

The truck rumbled as it was forced onto another trip home. The seat was uncomfortable and the company even more so. Amidst the awkward silence, he spoke.

你幸福吗?

It was a weird question and I had no qualms in saying so, 好奇怪的问题。

你开心吗?he continued on.

The silence was even more overbearing when someone’s expecting an answer. I decided to humour him, 算是吧。

我很幸福。

Really? At my expense? I chuckled good humouredly,我没问。

你呢?幸福吗?he repeated this question like a mantra.

还好啦。Always the same answer.

不幸福吗?为什么?

不知道。Maybe it’s you.

你要写故事吗? Were you spying?

I decided scribbles didn’t count. 以前有。

现在呢?persistent.

不写了。

为什么?

没心写了吧。 你呢?

有时。

I was secretly overjoyed when I started taking a bus.


是真的吗?with barely hidden contempt and eyes full of hate.

I nodded.

1 comment:

Michelle Yau said...

What da? Wow.. so who's this guy that appeared into amy's life?

@@" Keep blogging.. i wanna hear da whole full story

AM your most loyal blog follower... lol..

P.S. Hang in there anyway..
Love,
Michelle