Friday, September 10, 2010

This is Just to Say

'This is Just to Say' by William Carlos Williams.

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold


We were supposed to respond to this, so I used the same format, borrowed some of his words, and wrote: 

I have
the books
that were on
the table

and which
you were probably
saving
for summer

Forgive me
they were interesting
Snape died
and Gandalf lived.

We had a mini poetry session this morning. I am thoroughly enjoying my creative writing classes. We were supposed to: Write an apology for something you're not sorry about. 

So, here's me being shameless.

I'm sorry that you broke your leg
when you fell off the tree
while you were stealing my plums,
I'm sorry I did not call for help
immediately
I was laughing too hard.

Hope you enjoyed.

2 comments:

Chocoholic said...

evil!!!!
but cute nonetheless =D
Amy, u never fail to amuse me

Michelle Yau said...

totally agrees with keren... im glad u're back blogging lol