Sunday, April 10, 2011

Credit Card Fraud

So this is what it feels like. . . I really don't have anyone to blame. I can't even say this will teach me a lesson, because I'm already paranoid. I've been careful with my debit card. I pay my phone bills and rent online. I buy textbooks and occasionally, I get a couple of birthday presents off amazon. I haven't bought anything since the beginning of the semester (textbooks). I guess I'm lucky I found out early (the money's not even gone through yet), but I guess it didn't really help much. The PNC customer service person told me there's nothing he can do about the money until I've lost it (a whooping $234) and they'll try to get it back for me. They've inactivated my credit card already and is going to get me a new one in about a week ($7.50 charge). I hope whoever stole what little money I have left in my account gets gnawed to death by chipmunks and squirrels.

Why me?

Gah.

I guess the saddest part of this is that I can't even learn from it.

This is infuriating.

1 comment:

Michelle Yau said...

Be more careful next time~ Cheer up dear, it happens sometimes...