I met three people worth blogging about on my trip to kl sentral yesterday.
I chose a seat in the end of the tren because KL Sentral is the last stop. The person sitting next to me was shaking visibly and muttering to himself in rapid Indian. For a fleeting second, I wanted to ask if he was okay. I wanted to pray for him, because he seemed like he needed someone to pray for him. I wanted to touch his arm, and tell him to calm down. Everything's going to be alright. I admit, I might have lost my mind for a moment there. Before I managed to do anything however, he shot me a look filled with unsaid fear and something I could not quite understand.
For the shortest moment, I could almost see his hands around my neck, choking the air out of me.
I reacted without thinking, taking my bag and walking purposefully to the other side of the tren.
I realised I was shaking. I rammed my cap over my eyes and held my bag close.
I know he might be just some harmless young man who is not quite right in the head. I just hope he didn't really hurt anyone.
Second, is a lady who found it necessary to grasp my wrist while I was crossing the road. I know should have paid more attention to the road, but the day have been horrible. Yesterday was one disaster after another and I had silently tuned off my brain in an attempt to cheer myself up. Who cares if everyone has been less than nice to me?
Either way, I crossed the road without thinking and she pulled me back. Two motorcycles sped past. It took my five seconds to realize that I could have been easily run down. By then she had pulled me across the road, her forehead wrinkled in anger. I remembered to thank her, but I don't think she heard me. I wanted to thank her again, because she reminded me that that there are still good people in the world. But what should I say? 'Thank you for being so nice to me. You have no idea how horrible today was.'? I thought not.
Where ever that kind lady is, I hope she has God's blessings with her.
The third person was a sixty plus years old man who sat beside me in the tren back. Well, he was supposed to be opposite me, but I gave my seat to a lady with two gigantic bags of laundry so I ended up sitting beside him after the next stop. The next forty five minutes was the most embarrassing forty five minutes I've had in the tren. Why is it that people find it necessary to drown their troubles in me? Can't they see that I'm an emotional wreck as it is?!
But I smiled and I laughed because that's what I'm good at. And I bit down my tongue and accepted that I'm a failure in life.
He's more than sixty years old. Otherwise, I would have lost my head.
I'm glad I didn't, however. He's an old man, who had no other friends than his family... and even his family did not bother to make sure he was okay. He went all the way from Klang to KL Sentral and back alone, because he does not know how to mingle. He's just a lonely old man.
I hope to god that when I'm sixty, I would not find it necessary to blame my failures in life to an innocent stranger in the tren.
I had to walk back to the hostel to make sure I was presentable.
I really, really hate being nice sometimes.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Whuo... friday the 13th... IS really a black friday for you.
Gawd, you should've asked us to pray for you.
You feeling okay now?
luckily u are okay..hope ur luck will back soon
Hey... amy.. are u okay? crossing the road without looking, thats DANGEROUS!! o yeah... drop by and look at my blog, either http://bearevangel.blogspot.com/ or http://aviendlhababe.blogspot.com/ will do.. and drop a comment, just as an acknowledgement that u have seen it.. i dont think ANYONE reads my blog.. sheesh...
walau...you ok?
Post a Comment