Remember I bragged about donating blood a few weeks back? Well, here's the unabridged version. Muru and Siva, who donated blood beforehand, assured me that the needle they'll be using is a small one.
Tiny. In fact, I wouldn't even feel it. Idiot that I am, I took their words to heart and bravely went and filled in my name on the form provided. First, the lady checked to make sure I was overweigh- I mean, over 50kg. I mean.
Duh! Do I look less than 50 effing kilos to you? I honestly think there's something wrong with their weighting machine thingy however. It's like they're trying to discourage people to donate blood or something. XD
Anyway, she checked my bloodtype. :) AB. Take from everyone, give to no one. Mwahahaha!! *cough* Ironically, the little prick on my forefinger hurt more than the needle up my arm. But we'll get to that later. After she wrote down my bloodtype and all, I was sent to another doctor, who made sure I wasn't pregnant, don't do drugs, ate breakfast, and brushes my teeth every morning.
Then I waited for the nurse to 'attend' me. Contrary to what I was led to believe, they stuck a kick-ass HUGE needle into my poor arm... after the anesthetic, of course.
duh! So, it honestly did not hurt
much. :) Really. Like I said, the little prick to the finger actually hurt a little more.

I had my eyes closed the entire time the needle was close though. *grins* Li Sia (oh yeah, big hugs to her for accompanying me. Thanks!) made some very nice, 'eeeyeerrr... ouuucchhh.... aiii yeerrr...' sound effects. Then, 'Hey, Amy, she stick the entire-'
'DON'T TELL ME! I DON'T WANNA KNOW!' 'needle into your arm.'
After a while, the nurse found out that my left arm had been functioning without the use of oxygen (hence, no blood circulation) and therefore had to shift the needle to my right arm. Farhan sat there and smirked. He came later than I did, but finished his round faster.
Unfairness.
Li Sia and Mel. :) *cough*chickens*cough* lol. Kidding lah. They wanted to donate. But they didn't sleep enough the day before (<5), so they're not allowed to. Plus we're having class until late evening that day. It's the thought that counts though. :P
I'm sorry to say I slept during class the rest of that week. And I fell down the next day, resulting in torn slacks, bloody knees, limping and more sleep.

Battle scars. *grins*

This is what my arm looked like at it's worst. It started to fade a few days later. :( It was fun scaring people. You people are
so gullible...
1 comment:
hohoho, someone underweight still go donate blood! =P hicks see it ain't the weighing machine's fault.. LOL... some1 didnt eat =)
Post a Comment