Friday, March 27, 2009

I am not angry.

The holidays have been a whirlwind of emotions for me.

Perturbation, but not quite desolation.

Desolation, but not alienation.

Anger, but not quite wrath.

Acknowledgment, but not acceptance.

Acceptance, but not quite understanding.



'Welcome to society,' so my friend said.

And just when I thought I had it all figured out.

Stupefaction.

I went two steps back.


For the benefit of doubt:

Insinuation.
Or entailment?

Generalization.
Or deductive reasoning?

Civilization.
Or primitivism?



I can't help but feel disappointed.

Charis, I'm proud to call you my friend. Thank you for standing up for womankind.

And I would like to make these points clear:

Breast cancer is not something people should laugh at.

It's not something remotely funny.

It's not something anyone should poke fun at.

It's not something one should ever analogize.

oranges?!


There might've been students in that lecture hall who have family members who suffered from breast cancer.

There might've been students in that lecture theater who have lost family members due to that disease.

There might have been students in that lecture hall who've suffered from breast cancer, for all we know.

A sense of humor may be appreciated in some other lessons. But not while we're studying diseases.




I am not angry.

I am furious.

Still, a small 'thank you' for stopping that humor after Charis's reprimands.

Earphones at full blast tends to hurt my eardrums.

I'm glad for the creation of the earphones.
(The big words are deliberate.)

No comments: