Saturday, May 3, 2008

Incidental residents

Yesterday, mom and dad were talking to my sisters via msn (with the webcam :P) and the conversation went to newspaper box.
Newspaper box.And the birds haunting the newspaper box in the wee hours of the morning.
And the nest in the newspaper box. :) After mom found out that they were building a nest in the box, we informed the newspaper delivery man. Otherwise he'll be stuffing the papers onto the poor lil' birdies. :P
Oriental Magpie Robin.
I went through the trouble to google them. :) it was easy actually. I typed in 'Malaysian Birds' and scroooooolllllllllleeddddddd. Haha. Well, they built the nest. But I doubt they'll lay eggs in there. The newspaper box is situated on our front(and only) gate. Which we have to open every time we wish to leave/enter the house. I have no idea why they wanted to build the nest there in the first place.
Thus said, I wikipedia'ed (proper grammar was thrown outta the window as soon as i finished SPM) 'Oriental Magpie Robin'. These birds nests in holes(when I told mom this, my lil' sister went, "Then we make lotsa holes for them to live in!!" T____T cute) Quote: 'The Oriental Magpie Robin is a common and tame bird. It is terrestrial, hopping along the ground with cocked tail. The male sings loud melodic notes from the top of a perch during the breeding season.'
Ya lah ya lah. Meaning it's always breeding season so they'll probably be singing for the rest of the year.
Oh yah. Since I'm blogging. Just show you guys(and gals) and couple o' pics I took outside my house. :)
I think this is the prettiest flower ever!!
I can't remember the English name of this thing... 'Peria' in malay, , Balsamaeble in Danish, Balsempeer in Dutch, Karvaskurkku in Finnish, Concombre amer in French, Balsambirne in German, Pomo meraviglia in Italian, in Nepalese, Bálsamo in Spanish, Bittergurka in Swedish, or 'Ku gua' in Chinese. Haha. Oh, and bitter guord in English.
Remember the post I did about what'll happen if I were left in charge of my garden? Umm... the one with veges? Umm... click here
I wasn't totally bluffing about plants monopolizing the walls of my house
coze they honestly are. :D

No comments: