Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Egoist

I'm an egoist. 

When I'm nice, I expect to be nice to. 

When I help, I expect help when I need it.

When I care, I expect to be cared for. 

When I share, I expect sharing.

When I befriend, I expect a friend. 

When I love, I expect the feeling to be mutual. 


Even then, I love, I befriend, I share, I care, and I help.


Does it still make me an egoist, if none of my gestures were returned?  

Am I still an egoist, if I continue doing all those, even when none of my expectations were reached?


There are only so many pieces of me I can give away before I fade into nothing. 


But what hurts most is that I'm not even sure if I'm doing the same to some of my friends. 

Am I taking them for granted too? 

No comments: