Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wolverine The Movie - Gambit (Le Diable Blanc)

First half of the movie spent debating with myself whether I wanna watch the movie at all. I'm not a very big fan of Wolverine. . . Okay. Fine. I was. He's a very nice character. Love his claws, his healing powers, and his attitude. But after three movies about him, I don't really like his character all that much anymore. Fine. You can't remember your past. Get. Over. It. The world of X-Men does not and should not revolve around Wolverine. There are OTHER CHARACTERS TO BE DEVELOPED! The three X-Men movies might as well be called, 'X-Men : Wolverine', 'X-Men: Wolverine and the X-Men', and 'X-Men: Wolverine Returns'. 

I want Remy Lebeau! I want Rogue fighting! I want Shadowcat with a backbone! I want Jean and Scott's perfect love story that's so-bloody-perfect-that-it's-annoying. I want Beast being, well, Beast. I want Pietro zooming around and being nosy. I want Nightcrawler poofing in and out of nowhere and quoting out of the Bible. I want Mystique stealing identities and making life miserable for generally everyone. I want Storm with in her Goddess of the Weather mode. I want Emma Frost, the Scarlet Witch, Blob, Colossus, Forge, Jubilee, Ms. Marvel, Sinister, Deadpool, and all the other bloody characters to be a little more developed! 

Fine. Wolverine has a nice history. I get it. I really do! But so does everyone else!!

This movie should be called, 'Wolverine Begins'. But at least I was warned beforehand that this movie would be all about him. No expectations, no lamentations. 

Pfft!!! As if!!!!

I was bored. So I watched the movie. . .

All the while waiting for my favourite character in X-Men to appear. . . 

Part 1-Blinded by the Light Part 1 of 4
Remy Lebeau, Le Diable Blanc (the white devil) so named because of his red on black eyes. 

Suiying already warned me that Gambit would not be having much screen time. I was hoping that what little screen time he has, he utilizes wisely. Taylor Kitsch played him very well in the first scene. 

The air, the elegance, the script. *swoons* 

And then he started fighting. And losing the accent. 

Thus said, second half of the movie, I was mentally ranting about what they did to my favourite character in X-Men. 

I want the Cajun accent, the cockiness, the stealthiness, the devil-may-care attitude, the Red on Black eyes, the kick-ass trench coat, the agility, the 52 explosives in a pack, and his uber cool mutant abilities utilized correctly!!!!!

I just wanted Gambit to be Gambit. Was that too much to ask? 

*insert string of swear words here in CAPITAL LETTERS*

!!!!!! 

5 comments:

suiying said...

haih...

*pats*

Chocoholic said...

woohoo so long didnt hear from u ady

Michelle Yau said...

ah.. it was a great movie amy.. *salutes* the wolverine guy.. who also acted in the movie Australia.. is damn macho.. u know what i mean... flexing muscles.. and so.. "man" oh man... hahahhaha... he looks so damn strong..

*ponders whether amy got a frank idea of what type of guy michelle likes now ... * hehe...

Macho.. Muscle man... sounds too exxagerating... how many guys do u know with flexing muscles?

NONE!! EXTINCT SPECIES ESPECIALLY IN KUCHING!! @#$%^ lol..

take k amy!!

Murugesh Rao said...

Amy, just dropping by to say that I'm following your entries of your blog dedicatedly. Maybe now I will watch the movie. Haha. Take care and see you!!

katsuki said...

why is the movie's gambit sooo...sigh. i though gambit is suppose to be cutter...romantic with rogue? wait...where the hell is rogue? why did the directer/the writer abandon most of the characters?
who the hell is the wolverine origins director/author? I'm gonna make him rewrite, remake the characters...something like that. the something diamond hard skin girl...issin't the she suppose to be a he?