Saturday, May 9, 2009

Remember?

I remember the way the ground loomed in front of me, moments before impact, as I froze, unable to do a thing.

I remember lying in the drain, my face in my arms, and moaning the word, 'pain'.

I remember dreaming of cycling together with my friends and waking up to unfamiliar faces and even more unfamiliar scenery.

I remember trying to stand up, as someone said, 'no, don't move yet,' and I gratefully lied back down.

I remember panicking, when someone asked my something, and I couldn't remember.

I remember looking at familiar faces, but can't seem to know their names.

I remember asking for the date, once, and feeling terrified that I could not remember where I was, or why.

I remember looking at my hands, and wondering why there were so oddly coloured.

I remember standing up, as everything spun around me.

I remember someone putting plasters on my palms.

I remember wondering why there was one less bicycle.

I remember buying a second can of drink.

I remember telling everyone I was fine...

I seem to have forgotten everything else.

I simply don't remember.

No comments: