Monday, April 28, 2008

Brand New Yamaha Piano!!!

This is my old piano. :) Which has been with me for the past nine years. *sniff* Ahem! Anyway, my parents bought this piano for my sisters and I in the year 1999. *sniff sniff* I suddenly feel so guilty for some reason...
Anyway, there's something wrong the with wood they used to make it. For one thing, I can never clean it thoroughly enough. Umm... If I recall correctly, the model is LU90. Apparently, they found that they didn't go through the exact procedures while manufacturing this model. :( so I have to clean the piano once every two months. Otherwise you'll see this great lump of greyish white thing in my living room instead of a piano. And that usually takes me about thirty to forty minutes long as I can't use water, I can't rub the cloth too hard, I can't use soap(duh!) and I have to get rid of every bit of imperfection on my beautiful piano.
So, a year ago... lol. And no. I'm not exaggerating. Anyway, a year ago we had a technician over to tune our suffering piano and he told my mom that he can actually help us umm... lodge a complain? haha. Well, he wrote a very long report and had some people come over and take pictures. And voila! We had a new piano. :D Model JU109.
These people came yesterday, with their big truck and all.
Bless 'em. The piano is 177kg ya know? That's pretty amazing.
Shipped all the way from Indonesia. :D
For a little while, I was the proud owner of 2 pianos. :D
And then there was one. :(
It's actually quote similiar to the one I had. :) only newer.
Big hugs to Yamaha. haha. Can't believe they actually sampai hati give me a newer model after 9 years. :) I was actually quite happy with the old one. Albeit I have to clean it so much. But if you insist. hicks. :) :)
And then they took back my older piano. *sobx* Mom had to go and ask them what they're gonna do with my long-suffering piano. Turns out they're gonna put it outta it's misery.
*sniff* *sniff*
They were still very careful with it though. . . all 215kg of it. Polished Ebony finish. Stupid polish. *sobx* otherwise it'll be alright.
Wrapping it up prettily.
Plus the box and all. :D
And off you go.

My poor innocent piano...
I wonder if they're gonna take it apart and destroy it.
or just destroy the whole thing outright...
*sniff*
Plus, I went and googled the models. Turns out LU90 (my old piano) is a tad larger than JU109.

JU 109
  • Height : 109 cm
  • Length : 148 cm
  • Width : 54 cm
  • Weight : 177 kg
LU90
  • Height: 121cm
  • Length: 152cm
  • Width: 60cm
  • Weight: 215kg
Oh well, I got a new piano. So I'm not complaining.
Much.
haha. They haven't gotten the technician to tune my Brand New Yamaha Piano yet so currently, it sounds like it's having a mild flu. :( Meaning I can't play my louder songs. well, I can. But it'll sound super weird. Hehe.

4 comments:

Chocoholic said...

O0o good for you! man~ you've just reminded me..I haven't touch my piano since...em........ =S *guilty*

Lucia ! said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

write another letter.. bring the old one back.! they'r gonna destory it anyway, why not put in .. our . studio? . hahaha.. haha... ha....
goodluck with that by the way.

Peaches said...

As if they'll give it back. Haha. thankies. I'm so going to get someone to tune it for me. Croatian sounds dang weird with the piano. T___T

Anonymous said...

hihi, my case also same. my LU90 was bought in 1999. it's wooden case having the same problem with urs. I got my new replacement unit JU109 in May 2008. I agree with you that the sound of JU109 is not as good as our old LU90. somemore the key response is slow, for example i cant play the same note continuously. only the 1st note will sound, the following no response. anyway... wat to complain, after 9 yrs, we still can get a brand new replacement unit. smmore it's already exceeded the warranty period... hahahha!!!