Monday, April 7, 2008

Sarikei...

Well, Sarikei's not that bad actually. The people there are extremely environment conscious. They don't turn on the air conditioning unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Ahem… And they exercise extreme caution while on the road. I stayed there for the entire Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday morning and there were only 2 blackouts. Lol. I’m exaggerating. Sarikei’s very nice. The people there actually follow the speed limit (I’m convinced it’s 20km/h), close their store promptly at nine fifteen, and –my fovourite part- still believe in Rm2.00 kolo mee, Rm0.50 kopi-o, Rm1.20 ice lemon tea, Rm5.00 plate of veggie in air-conditioned restaurant and all sorts of cheap food!! Haha.

Anyway, going back to Sarikei basically means I get to tag my dad, which is… un… interesting… hehe. It’s not bad, I get to hang out with all those people older than me and well… imbibe. Lol. Sue me. Dad dragged took me the hospital for a short tour on my first day there (and he claims he doesn’t want me to study medic. *sigh*). Well, I enjoyed it actually. Mr. Lu was very helpful. Big thanks to the great guy.

Hospital Sarikei. :P

Then we went and ate at ‘Fortune Air-con restaurant’. I had not much to do so I went for a little walk at a clothes shop. :P last I went it was still 20cents (direct translation from Chinese).

See anything peculiar about this picture?
...
No?

Try squinting really hard...
See it now? The cute little thing somehow found it's way into the air-conditioned, second floor store with no windows. So cute... But I'm thinking, someone should probably get it out before it does anything stupid...
ie: crap.
Prawns... believe it. Those tiny little things are PRAWNSSSSS!!Bucketfuls of delicious little things... *drools*
This thing... in Kuching... is tiny. In Sarikei, you actually Supersize it. :)

1 comment:

Chocoholic said...

Adorable lil bird mwah!